Who Qualifies as a Good Candidate for Dental Veneers?
Everyone wants an award winning smile, but very few people have one naturally. With all the new technology and techniques coming out, it’s easier than ever to get the smile of your dreams. One great option to achieve that is dental veneers.
It’s a well known fact that porcelain veneers are one of the most effective and popular solutions to cover up a single or several teeth imperfections. Dental veneers are a really great option for people who want to improve the appearance of their teeth. But who qualifies as a good candidate for dental veneers?
What Are Dental Veneers
Veneers are essentially a thin, durable mask that can be applied to your natural teeth. Once applied to your teeth, the veneers instantly change the appearance of your teeth. Veneers are made of a very thin shell of porcelain, which is carefully selected so it matches the look and color of your teeth.
Depending on how they are made and what your needs are, veneers can whiten your teeth, close large gaps between your teeth, change the shape of your teeth, cover up crooked teeth, or fix large cracks or chips. Each veneer will be customized by your dentist from the length and width of the veneer to the overall shape, thickness, and color.
Who is a Good Candidate for Veneers?
Veneers are a great cosmetic dental treatment that helps people become confident with their smiles again. The following are signs you might be a good candidate for veneers:
- You want to fix several cosmetic problems with your teeth at once
- You want to fix discolored teeth
- You want to correct stains on your teeth from old fillings
- Ability to avoid chewing on your nails, crunching hard candy or food, or gnawing on pens – these bad habits can damage veneers.
- Sufficient tooth enamel must be present – your natural teeth need to have enough enamel left after the small layer has been removed to create a strong bonding surface for the veneer
Veneers are a great option for many people to correct their smile. Give us a call today at (402) 420-0999 to see if veneers are the right choice for you.