Sleep apnea is a condition where your breathing repeatedly pauses while the person is sleeping due to collapsed or blocked airways. When this happens, your body wakes up to breathe again. You might snore loudly and wake both of you and your partner. These sleep interruptions prevent you from sleeping well and leave you feeling extra tired during the day. However, sleep apnea is not only about making you sleepy—there are many health conditions linked to it.
If you are suffering from sleep apnea we at Capital Dental offer Sleep Apnea Treatment in Lincoln, Nebraska. Early treatment is better to prevent a serious threat to your health. Below we have listed the effects of sleep apnea on your body:
- People with sleep apnea have a higher risk of developing depression than those without this disorder. If you have this condition, it makes you suffer from memory loss because sleep helps consolidate memories. Aside from that, sleep apnea can leave you foggy and mentally confused. You will find it hard to concentrate on tasks and solve problems.
- People with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) often complain of sleep disorders such as sleep apnea. In fact, sleep apnea is known to make heartburn worse.
- Sleep apnea disrupts the liver. Sleep apnea has been linked to fatty liver disease and above-normal levels of liver enzymes.
- Even your heart is not safe from sleep apnea! This condition has been linked to an increased risk in blood pressure—which in turn, makes your breathing worse. It also increases your risk of irregular heart rhythm, stroke, and heart failure.
- Sleep apnea increases your blood sugar levels. Due to this, you are more likely to have type 2 diabetes and vice versa. Aside from that, sleep apnea makes your diabetes hard to manage.
- The repeated pauses in breathing that you experience while you sleep decreases your blood oxygen levels. This deprives your body of the oxygen it needs to function.
Finally achieve a night of peaceful sleep with Sleep Apnea Treatment in Lincoln, NE. Receive top-quality Sleep Apnea treatment at Capital Dental. Find us at 5609 S. 27th St. Lincoln, NE 68512. Please call us if you have any questions!